|My little "instruction" worker.|
Using a beat up diaper box (which we repaired with hot glue and packing tape) and a large shoe box for our raw materials, we were able to attach two additional rooms to the two-room house, effectively doubling its size. Now the Joes and Barbies (the female companions of the elite fighting force, because, let's face it folks, it gets a little lonely when it's just the guys) have a living room, a bedroom, a kitchen, and a bathroom, although no toilet as of yet. We floored the room with some contact paper I had left over from another project and wallpapered the walls with green construction paper (would he want any other color? I don't think so.). When the rooms were done, we set about making some furniture to fill them and added a few other little details, such as curtains, windows, and art on the wall. After a couple hours work, this is what we came up with:
|This is what we started out with today. Even though it boasts hardwood floors and brightly|
colored wallpaper, it lacks proper facilities.
|These are the two rooms that were added on today. As you can see, the Joes stood by|
looking over my shoulder as I worked, critiquing as we went along and making suggestions
We got the basics done, but it's still a little rough looking. There are many things that the Joes need in order to make life a little more comfortable, but now, at least, they can wash their hands and dishes in their new sinks and hide from Barbie in the locked bathroom if she is having one of her mood swings. All in all, a pretty productive day.