Saturday, May 21, 2011

Princess Party Preview

Busy, busy day! Shopping, house cleaning, cooking, and party prep, all with a house full of sick kids. I'm hoping that they feel better tomorrow because I'd hate to see them all miserable at the princess party. Yessiree, tomorrow is the big day, and still so much to do. Here's a preview of what's to come:

Birthday cake! Topped with a tiara and decorated with cute marshamallow
figures. We'll say it's to evoke the story of "The Princess and the Frog" and
other fairy tales.

Golden goblets. A donation from my sis-in-law's church friends. Thank
you all, these will be perfect! (And perfect for my budget. I was drooling
over these, but loathe to spend the $$.)

I'm thinking of making a royal treasury, complete with extra tiaras, ring pops,
and gold foil covered candies. These will do nicely.

The mantel above the fireplace is decorated to look kinda castle-y...

Considering hanging some of Eli's swords and his shield on the wall as
well as the round shields we made earlier.

More pictures to come! Wish me luck with all the prep tomorrow (I'll need it).

No comments:

Post a Comment