Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 10: Amping it Up

Today I'm keeping my tiny tots up from their nap in effort to entice them to sleep in the car. We have a long trip ahead of us, and I need my girls to be snoozy! So far, they are behaving, but even on their best day I can't trust them in the mess/wonder that is my sewing room, so for today I had to limit my creativity to something I could do with my babies. It took me a few minutes to think of something (I guess with my mind focused on our trip today I'm not much good for anything else), but here it is: fun with photo editing! Now, I have written on this topic before, but it is definitely something I enjoy coming back to again and again. Today the challenge was to take a mundane, low resolution photo with the camera on my computer and turn it into something visually interesting. Let me know what you think:

This is my daughter sitting on the couch beside me watching TV. (10 points
to whoever guesses which girl it is!)

Using Photoscape (free to download on download.com), I reduced the noise,
smoothed her skin, deepened the color, enhanced the color, fake (tilt-shift)ed
the pic, blurred, cropped, brightened, and I'm sure did a few other things, not
necessarily in that order. I'm pretty pleased with how this one turned out.
(If you haven't figured this out yet, I LOVE color!)

No comments:

Post a Comment