Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 23: Nothing to Report

With the summer time, I have been busy busy with running around with the kids, swimming in the pool, gardening, and the odd bit of housework. I'm finding myself less productive with my creative pursuits, but plenty busy otherwise. Although there was potential for some creative work...

I had been asked to attempt to alter a bridesmaid dress for a friend, but (probably lucky for her) she found someone else to do the job. Sure, I've made costumes and hemmed pants, but aside from the Silver Dress, I haven't really sewn anything that I wear. I am trying to gain skill and confidence with my sewing so that I can create fashions that I feel comfortable wearing in public (or are simply comfortable to wear), but I'm not to that point yet. When asked to do something that important, I get really nervous. It's not that I think I can't do it, I just don't know that I can.

At this point, mostly I craft for my own pleasure. My creative pursuits have not been put out in the world for the world to judge, so while I am confident that I can produce adequate work for my purposes, I am not to the point where I am certain I can do more. Maybe it serves to keep me humble... Maybe that's a good thing, lol. At any rate, nothing creative today. Forgive me, 30 Day Creativity Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment