Friday, July 8, 2011

Dinner Tonight: An Opportunity for Creativity

So I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel foodwise right now, not because I can't afford groceries*, but because I've been procrastinating again. I don't find grocery shopping with all three kids very peaceful, and my husband works late during the week, so I don't have anyone to leave them with, but that's beside the point. The point is, this evening called for creativity in the kitchen. We had microwave-baked potatoes topped with shredded colby jack cheese and fried onions, peppers, and Steak 'Ems with fried green tomatoes from the garden on the side. The peppers came from the garden, too. This is my first garden, and I am loving being able to to take a stroll around the backyard and return to the house with an armload of produce. Who knew, food really does grow on trees! Steak 'Ems don't though, so I suppose if I want to repeat this delicious meal, I'm going to have to stop dragging my feet and make a trek out to the grocery store. *Sighs* At least for tonight, anyway, I can put that off a little longer, thanks to my imagination in the kitchen.

It tasted even better than it looks :)

*If you're like me, you have to be smart and careful with your money, whether it's for grocery shopping or getting the bills paid. Those of us who are great at balancing budgets could possibly translate our skills into a career and may be interested in information about an online accounting class

No comments:

Post a Comment