Sunday, October 2, 2011

Emily Henderson's I'm a GIANT Challenge!

If you've followed this blog for very long, you may be aware of my passion for miniatures. I don't know what it is about small things, but the absolutely capture my imagination. I have been planning another dollhouse in my head for a while, one that has a hinge in the middle so that it can close and no longer has an open side. I have cardboard tubes for columns. I have accessories. I have the boxes, because you know I'm going to make this bad boy out of cardboard. I just don't have an official start date... Well, that may be changing soon.

My sister came across this link on stylist Emily Henderson's blog. Apparently, Ms. Henderson shares my passion for the tiny, for she is proposing a dollhouse design challenge, anything goes. She's got a few other bloggers linked up for the challenge, but it is open to everyone. Projects must be completed by December 15. Check it out, it sounds like fun!

So here's my plan: when I get a few other items tied up (I have a couple more things that I need to do for my BFF's wedding and bridal shower), I'm going to go ahead and start on this dollhouse. That should give me about a month before the end of Emily Henderson's challenge to get to work. In the meantime, I will be collecting supplies.


Why don't you join me? I know many of you are crafty, creative people. With Christmas coming up, there will be a lot more items in the stores to use, what with tiny ornaments and little Christmas house accessories lining the shelves. Show me what you've got! You can either do this challenge formally or informally, post pictures on my Facebook page or put a link to your blog post in the comments below. Let's do this together, it will be so much fun :)


No comments:

Post a Comment