Sunday, November 20, 2011

Picture of the Day: Cardboard Cityscape

Super cool cardboard buildings from the Hola Mama Blog.
Thanks, Babs, for sharing this link! As a lover of cardboard, dollhouses, and cardboard dollhouses, I'm sure it is no stretch of the imagination to know that I would love this. And now that my best friend's wedding is over, (Congratulations, Erica!) I have completed all the sewing, projects, and events associated with the festivities, so now is a good time for me to start on Emily Henderson's I'm A Giant! Challenge. (You didn't think I had forgotten, did you?)

I have been collecting items for quite a while to use in my next dollhouse. I have 4-6 diaper boxes for the rooms, craft hinges (because I intend to make the dollhouse close to be a complete house), cardboard tubes, and all kinds of small things. I will build this one in 1/12 scale (1 inch = 12 inches), which is half Barbie/GI Joe size. The only thing I will need is 1/12 scale dolls (although I do have some that are close to the right size, so I might just fake it... we'll see).

I'm getting a little excited about this project, just thinking about it! Will any of you be joining me? Please post your pictures on my Facebook page and share any links that may be inspirational! When I am finished with it (if it's done in time), this will be a Christmas gift for my daughters.  Anyone else have the same plan? There's nothing better than a homemade gift. And even though there's a good chance they will tear it up within 5 minutes, that's okay--they'll at least get some play time, and that will give me a reason to make another one! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment