Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sew Elegant Sashes

I started this post yesterday evening and was about halfway done, when inexplicably my computer got turned off and nothing I had written was saved. I hate that. So I'm just going to sum up what I had written last night. Below are some pictures of my current project in progress. (These are pinned together, in the process of sewing.)

These are sashes for the bridesmaid dresses at my friend's wedding. Recognize the fabric? Well, you've seen it before, it's the spare fabric from the table rounds. Long story short, the original plan for these sashes fell through--first because of money, then because the new sashes I ordered were quite a bit smaller than I thought, so they became the bows for these Plan C sashes.
Here's a front view of the sash on the black dress on my
dress form. The dress is strapless, all that stuff you see above
the neckline is just dress form modifications.
Plan B sashes will be used as bows.
Long and lean bows. We're going for something elegant here.
The sash narrows as it gets near the clasp in the back.
So, there you have it. These sashes are basically like the sashes in my pillow case dresses with a hook and eye closure and a bow sewn on the back. I think they will look really sharp and elegant, though. And hopefully, the rest of the girls agree ;)

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty...I love the design on that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Great job.

    I had to tell you I found a site on Pinterest and thought of you immediately. I hope you don't mind that I've shared this on this post. It is a blog called Holamama. I can't read what it says but the photos are interesting. A lot of cardboard is used in a very crafty way. Sound familiar? http://blog.holamama.es

    Thanks for sharing all of your nifty ideas

    ReplyDelete