Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Cookies


I didn't end up using the sugar paper again, but maybe next
time I'll make yellow smiley face cookies :)
I didn't have holiday colored icing, but I managed to draw
some seasonal pictures on the cookies before the tiny people
became insistent that it was cookie time.

Nom-nom-nom...
Yum!

After my recent venture into into cake-making, I found myself with some extra decorating supplies. We've been getting the house ready for Christmas, and sudden inspiration struck. Christmas cookies!

I used some refrigerated sugar cookies that have been chillin' in the fridge for a month or so, vanilla frosting from a cake (also from the fridge), and the left over black icing from the humidor cake.

I used "baking cookies" as an excuse to stay in the quiet kitchen while the kids played in the living room with Dad. It was the perfect time for Mama to put the Kindle app on my phone to use. I've been re-reading Pride and Prejudice during the occasional quiet times (waiting for the pizza to be ready, at the doctor's office, baking cookies...)

Anyhow, the kids eagerly awaited these cookies, admired them for a few minutes upon completion, and promptly wolfed them down. This was a pretty easy/quick treat, and I was feeling pretty jolly that night (what with the holidays and a shot of whiskey or two I stole from my husband), so I let each little monkey eat two of these frosted treats before bed. (Don't worry, I sent them to brush teeth afterward--but not before taking some pictures of their grubby little faces!)

Question: What's sweeter than two little two-year-old monkeys?

Answer: Two little two-year-old monkeys covered in frosting!

Merry Christmas :)


1 comment: