Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hanging my Pictures Out to Dry

My newest project! I've been thinking about replicating this project ever
since I saw it on the Maybe Matilda blog.


With the holidays coming, my house has been a whirlwind of activity. Dust is flying, laundry is tumbling, dishes clinking in the sink. My husband has been busy, and the house is looking great. (You didn't think I had been doing all that cleaning, did you?) Along with the house cleaning, we have been finally hanging up some family photos on the walls. Our house is starting to look like someone lives here! 

With all this home beautification going on, I just had to take 20 minutes (that's right, this was quick and easy) to put together a cool photo frame for my home. Rachel posted her project on November 15, and today is December 17. I've been thinking about this idea ever since.

This was my inspiration. Looks great, Rachel!
I absolutely loved this idea. When I stumbled upon the tiny clothes pins at Wal-Mart, I knew it was meant to be. I had a frame. The wonderful folks who sold us our home left some goodies behind, including about 20 large picture frames. I decided to back my clothesline with some fabric from my stash and hang my line a little more slap-dash, but otherwise I pretty well followed Rachel's example. 


Once again, here's what mine looked like:


These are some photos that had been on the fridge or in a drawer in the kitchen, and really deserved to be displayed. I'm really happy with how this turned out. The only thing I would change is the yarn I used for the clothesline-- white or possibly brown twine would work better. This was what I had at hand, though, and if I had waited until I had ALL the supplies I needed, this project would never have gotten done. Did I mention that I'm really happy with this project? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment