Friday, January 6, 2012

Taking a Break

It's been a while since I've posted, and even longer since I've posted regularly. I feel bad about this. I was really enjoying the crafting and the sharing and the feedback, and I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to do this recently. My going back to work has been a positive thing for my family financially, and it has given me an opportunity to stretch some muscles that I haven't in a long time. But it has been a drain on my home-time and energy. There have been days that I haven't seen my at all. There have been more days when I have been so exhausted when I get home that all I do is crash on the couch until I roll into bed. And there have been some good days when I got home and still had energy and it was early enough for me to head into the sewing room--just not the time to write about it.

I'm writing today to say **to myself** that I'm going to stop feeling bad about not posting. I'm going to take the pressure off myself. I will share things when I can, but will stop feeling guilty when I can't. This blog is supposed to be fun-- for me and for anyone reading. It can't be fun for you if it isn't for me. It can't be fun for me if I am putting pressure on myself to make this blog **be** something. It is what it is. I'm not going to make Blogger's "Blogs of Note" list anytime soon. I'm okay with that. I can deal with reality.

So-- I'm going to be "taking a break" for a while. That's not to say that I will stop posting. It just means that I will post when the spirit moves me, not because it's been too many days since my last post, or because I've done something around here that I **have** to post about. It's not just about the projects, it's about the words, too. If I force myself to write when I don't feel like it, then my writing will be crappy. I've done this-- you've read it. I am guilty of writing the occasional crappy post (and will probably continue to occasionally write crappy posts).

And don't you feel bad-- as my readers, you haven't done anything to put this pressure on me. It's all me, in my own head. My own neurotic need to prove something. To whom? you may ask... Well, to "them," I guess. To the world at large. Only, "they" don't give a crap, so really it's for me. And I don't need it, so I'm just going to chill. That's the plan, at any rate. Wish me luck, and see you some time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment