Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Cardboard Craze is Catching On!

Hmmm.... Cardboard dollhouse. What a great idea!

I was browsing the shelves at my local pharmacy today, waiting on my prescriptions to be ready, when I happened upon this beauty. Could it be? It is: a cardboard dollhouse, complete with paper dolls and furniture. This little guy is $20 (that's 20 times as much as the one I saw at the Dollar Tree the other day), but it does come with markers. That's a $19 value, right? What's that you say, you can also buy markers for $1 at Dollar Tree? And dollhouse furniture too? You don't say... (I guess the folks at Roseart gotta eat too.)

This may not be the most cost-effective cardboard dollhouse I've ever seen, but I must applaud their effort. In all honesty, though, I bet the box this comes in is sturdier than the dollhouse inside. The more I think about it, the more my initial excitement upon finding this wears off... and the more I want to dig out my box of dollhouse items, collected over the years from dollar stores, clearance bins, thrift and antique shops, and scraps destined for the garbage. (I thwarted destiny when I gave them a new life as furniture and accessories.) 

Maybe that will be my next post... We'll see. Have you come across anything interesting and unexpected at the store lately? Post it on my Facebook page for everyone to see!




No comments:

Post a Comment