Monday, March 5, 2012

Dollhouse Finds at the Dollar Tree

Today I was naughty. I stopped at the Dollar Tree on my way home from work to pick up a few items, and I lingered in the toy section when I should have been rushing home to relieve my babysitter. (Sorry!) I had a lot of fun though. I get excited when I find something that would be perfect for a dollhouse or one of my other projects. Check out what I found today:

The first thing I saw when I walked in the door at the
Dollar Tree today were these ceramic TVs. Perfect scale
for a Barbie or GI Joe house.


This is a new item! The Dollar Tree has had some pretty nice
little wooden doll furniture before, which I prefer to plastic,
but this is a kitchen sink, table and chairs, and desk and chair,
slightly different items from what they normally carry. And
each comes with a little doll. I couldn't resist.


This is a cardboard dollhouse kit for $1!
I didn't buy this item, but was excited to see that the idea of
a cardboard dollhouse doesn't stop here! You can't really beat
a dollar for price, but you can certainly make a sturdier version
out of a corrugated cardboard box.

Happy crafting, everyone! (And happy shopping too :)


1 comment:

  1. I just bought the same cardboard doll house and some of the furniture at Dollar Tree. I plan on altering it and adding all kinds of goodies to it!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete