Sunday, April 22, 2012

$2 Cheer Shirts

My son is in kindergarten this year, and finally old enough to have "activities."

I couldn't be more proud of my son. At 5-years-old, he's never really shown much interest in sports, but after a few weeks in T-ball, he's really starting to enjoy the game. I'd venture to say that he spends less than 50% of his time playing with the grass these days, usually runs in the right direction when he hits the ball, and almost never runs off the field in the middle of the game to ask for a snack. Ahhh, T-ball, you always keep me on the edge of my seat.

While my son is having all this fun, his sisters must be entertained. I picked up a couple little pink gloves with velcro balls for them to play with during practice, but now that we're far enough along in the season to have games, I needed another idea. So I thought maybe they'd enjoy being cheerleaders...


His team colors are blue and yellow... I couldn't find quite the right blue
at the Dollar Tree, but for the time/money I had to spend, this was
close enough. And I suppose they can wear these for the WVU game...


No, this is not the same shirt... Well, maybe technically it is...


I took two shirts and cut them in half, switched them, and ran them through my sewing machine. Then I did it again. I don't have before pics because I put these together in about 10 minutes before we left for the game. (That's one reason they are kinda crooked; also, I didn't have the right needle for knit, and I didn't use pins.)

Not bad for $2 and ten minutes, methinks.
I didn't get any pics of the shirts on the kids (an oversight, I know), but can you tell from the spots all over them that they were worn by my two-year-olds? I don't even know what all they spilled on these shirts... Ah, well, I suppose that's why God invented washing machines.

Next I'll need to make some pom-poms...

No comments:

Post a Comment