Saturday, April 28, 2012

Big Top Preview

This year's big birthday blast (for the girls) is going to be Big Top fun. I'm talking circus, folks. As you can imagine, I've been trolling the dollar stores for circus inspiration and accessories. Here's a little preview of what I've collected:

I admit, this stuff didn't all come from the dollar store, but I did find the balloons
and pump at Dollar Tree. I have discovered that my brother-in-law has a secret
talent--MAKING BALLOON ANIMALS! He has even agreed to don clown
apparel for the occasion. (He has a soft spot for the girls :)

This is some of the stuff I've been collecting for treat bags for the kids. Animal
crackers, tootsie pops, silly straws, animal balloons, and more.

Popcorn bags make the perfect treat bags for a circus party!

In addition to the popcorn bags, I've found a few other things at the dollar
stores to add to the circus atmosphere: cotton candy, circus peanuts,
popcorn balls (with an elephant on the label), and glow bracelets.


There's still a ton of work to do to get ready, and plenty more to show you, but this was just a taste. I have so many ideas (many of which probably won't come together, but a girl can dream), and I'd love to share them all with you. I'm so excited about this party, and so are the girls. They told everyone they met today that they are going to have a birthday party soon. Every time I bring a bag from the Dollar Tree into the house and tell them I got something for their party, they jump up and down and cheer and say, "Yay! I LOVE my birthday party!" If the party brings them half as much fun as the anticipation, I'll count it a success.

Stay tuned, folks, for more circus-y updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment