Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dollhouse Bathroom, 1/12 Scale

I love using unconventional items like this teapot in my dollhouses.
This is another room in my new diaper box cardboard dollhouse. I used a piece of packaging for the tile wall, which I thought was appropriate for a bathroom. The other wall is papered with scrapbook paper and I have used contact paper for the linoleum floor. I have purchased a mirror to go above the sink, but hadn't installed it yet when I took this picture.


You probably recognize the green toilet from earlier posts. I think I picked up the cabinet (will working doors) at Michaels on clearance. The bathtub is the bottom of a ceramic jewelry box. I used a baby washcloth for the towels and washcloths and a coffee creamer container for the trash can. And the pièce de résistance? I found the teapot/sink at an antique store for $6. I immediately fell in love with this piece and had to have it. It has been my standard dollhouse bathroom sink ever since.

All I'm lacking is the plumbing for the bathtub, a few bathroom rugs, and maybe some artwork for the walls. I have some Mary Cassatt art stickers I plan to use for the paintings, I just have to figure out the best way to frame them. I'll keep you posted!



1 comment: