Friday, May 18, 2012

Paint By Number... or Whatever

I have been eagerly looking forward to the day I could do crafts with my kids. To a limited degree, I have been able to craft with my son, but to tell you the truth, I really haven't been able to give him much one on one time since the twins were born. Just when he was getting old enough that he wouldn't eat the crayons, the girls were born and things changed drastically for my little boy.

I must credit his kindergarten teacher with working with him to develop his drawing and writing skills. Having two babies to care for is rough on Mama, but I think it is hardest on big brother. My sweet son took it like a champ, spending time building forts and setting up armies and following other solitary pursuits with rarely a complaint.

I think with the third birthday, we've finally hit the mark where Mama can begin to step back from the girls and focus on all my children equally. And for the first time ever, we've been able to sit around the kitchen table and do a craft project together.
 
The girls got some suncatcher painting kits for their birthday, and I picked up a paint by number set for 97 cents at Wal-Mart for big brother. All kids are happily painting, quiet and entertained. (Right now. While I'm writing this post. Amazing, huh?) This is one of those perfect moments in life that I hope will be oft repeated.


See how calm, quiet, and focused these children are? A far
cry from the chaos they are capable of.
One of my son's kindergarten art projects. Leprechauns
dancing under a rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment