Sunday, May 12, 2013

$1 Cheer Shirts

Baseball season has started up again and my 6-year-old is playing coach pitch advanced t-ball. His 3-year-old sisters are still too young to play, but they're not too young to cheer big brother on. But of course they need the proper attire.

To buy team shirts from the little league organization would be beyond the elasticity of even my stretched dollars, so we decided to improvise. $1 t-shirts from Dollar Tree in the team color navy blue with some details painted on did the trick.

I used contact paper for my stencil and white acrylic paint from my stash for the cheer uniform details. I was a little short on paint AND time, so they turned out more like an impression of a cheer uniform than a realistic representation, but four years of art school has taught me how to use technical terms and lie through my teeth to pretend that I meant to do that ;) (if you don't know what I mean, Google "artist statement" and see what kind of BS we artsy people churn out to make us look smart). Anyhow, the shirts are imperfect but the girls loved them, and that's what counts. Now, if only I can convince them to pay enough attention to the game so that they know when to cheer for big brother... Yeah, right. One step at a time, Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment