Saturday, May 3, 2014

Mario Cube Gift Box

It's getting to be that time again -- birthday party time. My little girls are turning 5 this year, and to celebrate it, they have asked for a Mario party. Well, technically they asked for Princess Peach and Princess Daisy, but it's a lot easier to find Mario party supplies than Peach and Daisy. Besides, it's all the same world.

Anyhow, I saw an idea online to make little Mario bricks (and forgive me, but I don't remember where). I couldn't find a printable I was happy with, so with a couple Google Image searches I located an outline of a cube, the brick square, and the question mark deal. I put the images together in Photoscape to create my own printable.

I went to Office Max and had them print out 20 of these. That, plus
12 more pages for another project, cost about $15. 

Snip, snip, snip...

Glue, glue, glue... (although I might break down and tape, tape,
tape the rest of them)

These are going to be our gift boxes. Now, if I can only locate some gold coin candy and some Mario gummies to fill them with, we'll be okay. 

I couldn't figure out how to post the printable here, but if you are interested, I'd be glad to send it to you - just leave a comment with your email address or email me at art.from.trash AT gmail DOT com

Also - check out this other Mario party - this mom did it right: CLICK HERE


Update: the quest to find the candy coins was a bust, but we ended up finding Mario gummies, stick on Mario mustaches, Mario and Luigi rings, and plastic coins to fill them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment