Thursday, October 8, 2015

Care Bear Cradle

I recently finished a fun little sewing project for my cousin and her new baby, a sweet little girl. She wanted to do a Care Bears nursery with lots of rainbows. My sister-in-law and I went in together on this cradle for the baby - she bought the cradle, we both brainstormed ideas, and I made the bed skirt and bedding. 

I had to change it to a 5-color rainbow so that it would fit the cradle. I was
low on funds, so I had to raid my fabric stash and get a few pieces of clearance
fabric, but I managed to pull it off.

Once the rainbow bed skirt was done, I got to work on a Care Bear quilt, inspired by their tummies. 

Grumpy Bear

Take Care Bear

Lucky Bear

Funshine Bear

I simplified the graphics a bit as I'm still a novice quilter. This is my first attempt at anything other than squares, and I think it turned out pretty well.

Ta-da!

There are several more babies in my life, recently born and soon-to-be-born, so I have an excuse to make a few more attempts in the next few months. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment