Monday, August 29, 2016

Tiny Kitchen - Video 3: Kebabs and Dogs




Video number three - we thought we'd try something different. I told the kids, "Sure you can talk in this one. And you can help by handing me the things I need." I did not give them permission to fart, but they took liberties. (I may have edited the flatulence out...)

So, review of our tiny grill. It sure was cute! Looked great on camera. Was terrible at cooking. I'm not sure if it was an issue with the candles, or the grill itself. It was made out of that manufactured metal stuff that seems like it's compressed powder or whatever. So, in order to ensure the chicken was indeed edible, we cooked the kebabs in the skillet on the stove top, and for good measure, I zapped it in the microwave for 30 seconds. The hot dogs, as one of the kids mentions on the video, (unless I edited that part out), would have been fine to eat cold as they were pre-cooked when purchased.

My ten-year-old was cameraman for the first part of the video, but lost interest when I had to dump the video on my computer and delete from the phone to make more room, so the girls switched off at the end. They kept trying to get me in the video ("No, kids, mommy doesn't need to be on camera!"), and most of that I was able to edit out as well. We had 28 minutes of footage, shrunk down to 8 by selective editing and zooming through repetitive parts.

Did I mention I found a free video editor that actually does the editing of the video? Windows Live Movie Maker. This was my first time playing with this program, so I didn't try all the features, and I did kind of pick a random "movie" theme. Expect things to get a bit cleaner and sharper as we learn and grow. (Both in the production and editing of the video).

I can't wait to cook the next thing! I have set aside a small bit of a pork chop from today's dinner. Time to do some thinking and try new things!

Stay tuned! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment